flink-user mailing list archives

From "Aparup Banerjee (apbanerj)" <apban...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Apache siddhi into Flink
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 08:09:14 GMT
I think siddhi is a fairly matured CEP library. I am thinking it should co-exist with existing
CEP library. My thinking is we should be able to use Siddhi QL/ Siddhi Patterns on top of
flink data streams. This can co-exist naturally with existing Java / Scala based Flink CEP
Library. I am still reading up on Flink internals – but at high level I am thinking about
a new Flink operator on DataStream for this. Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Aparup

From: Chesnay Schepler <chesnay@apache.org<mailto:chesnay@apache.org>>
Date: Monday, August 29, 2016 at 12:35 AM
To: "user@flink.apache.org<mailto:user@flink.apache.org>" <user@flink.apache.org<mailto:user@flink.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Apache siddhi into Flink

Hello Aparup,

could you provide more information about Siddhi? How mature is it; how is the community? How
does it compare to the Flink's CEP library?

How should this integration look like? Are you proposing to replace the current CEP library,
or will they co-exist with different use-cases for each?

If we used Siddhi in Flink, how exactly would Flink's runtime be involved in the processing?

Regards,
Chesnay