flink-user mailing list archives

From "Dong-iL, Kim" <kim.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ValueState is missing
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 07:56:07 GMT
Hi.
I've tested the program with window function(keyBy->window->collect). it has no problem.

my old program. (keyBy-> state processing). can it be processed by multiple thread within
a key?

Thank you.

> On Aug 12, 2016, at 8:27 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> So far we are not aware of a state loss bug in Flink. My guess is that it is some subtlety
in the program.

> The check that logs also has other checks, like "handHistoryInfo.playType == PlayType.Cash"
and "players.size > 1". Is one of them maybe the problem?

> To debug this, you can try and do the following:
>
> Rather than using Flink's key/value state, simply use your own java/scala map in the
RichFlatMapFunction.
> That is not by default fault-tolerant, but you can use that to see if the error occurs
in the same way or not.

> Greetings,
> Stephan
>

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Dong-iL, Kim <kim.same@gmail.com <mailto:kim.same@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi.
> I checked order of data. but it is alright.
> Is there any other possibilities?
> Thank you.
>
>> On Aug 12, 2016, at 7:09 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org <mailto:sewen@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Hi!
>>
>> Its not that easy to say at a first glance.
>>
>> One thing that is important to bear in mind is what ordering guarantees Flink gives,
and where the ordering guarantees are not given.
>> When you use keyBy() or redistribute(), order is preserved per parallel source/target
pair only.

>> Have a look here:
>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/concepts/concepts.html#parallel-dataflows
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/concepts/concepts.html#parallel-dataflows>

>> Could it be that the events simply arrive in a different order in the functions,
so that a later event that looks for state comes before an earlier event that creates the
state?

>> Greetings,
>> Stephan
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Dong-iL, Kim <kim.same@gmail.com <mailto:kim.same@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Nope.
>> I added log in End.
>> but there is same log.
>> is there any fault in my code?
>>
>> thank you.
>>

>> > On Aug 12, 2016, at 6:42 PM, Maximilian Michels <mxm@apache.org <mailto:mxm@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> > You're clearing the "handState" on "GameEndHistory". I'm assuming this
>> > event comes in before "CommCardHistory" where you check the state.

DataStream[WinLossBase] =

String, Long), WinLossBase] {

PotPlayer]]("winloss",
PotPlayer]())
classOf[HandHistoryInfo], null))

out: Collector[WinLossBase]): Unit = {
{}", if (handHistoryInfo != null) handHistoryInfo.handHistoryId else "NULL”)

== PlayType.Cash && players != null && players.size > 1) {

HBase, Map, Map -> Sink: winloss to HBase, Map -> Sink: winloss for opponent to HBase)
(3/4)] INFO  com.nsuslab.denma.stream.winloss.flow.Main$  - hand start 5769392597641628595

HBase, Map, Map -> Sink: winloss to HBase, Map -> Sink: winloss for opponent to HBase)
(3/4)] WARN  com.nsuslab.denma.stream.winloss.flow.Main$  - there is no handhistory info[pot].