flink-user mailing list archives

From "Alam, Zeeshan" <Zeeshan.A...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: How to read AVRO data from Kafka using Flink
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 09:34:24 GMT
Hi Shannon,

There was an issue with the data written in the Kafka topic, some were in JSON format and
some in AVRO. I ran my code for a different Kafka topic where there was homogeneous data and
my code worked fine. Thanks for your time.

Thanks & Regards,
Zeeshan Alam

From: Shannon Carey [mailto:scarey@expedia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 8:49 PM
To: Alam, Zeeshan; user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to read AVRO data from Kafka using Flink

I can tell you that we are reading Avro data from Kafka on Flink without problems. It seems
like you have a mistake somewhere in your system. If I were you I would try your serialization
& deserialization code in a simple program within the same JVM, then gradually add the
other components in order to narrow down where the problem is coming from.

Shannon