flink-user mailing list archives

From Al-Isawi Rami <Rami.Al-Is...@comptel.com>
Subject Re: TumblingEventTimeWindows with time characteristic set to 'ProcessingTime'
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:40:13 GMT
Hi Till,

Yes, I understand that. I am just asking why. If I am assigning the timestamps. why can’t
flink deal with the window based on the event time? i.e  TumblingEventTimeWindows. Why should
I set the whole env to be ticking on event time?

It is just that I have some windows that needs to be processing time, and others needs to
be event time.

Regard,
-Rami

On 17 Aug 2016, at 12:03, Till Rohrmann <trohrmann@apache.org<mailto:trohrmann@apache.org>>