flink-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge...@eniro.com>
Subject Re: Release notes 1.1.0?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 13:30:55 GMT
Oh sorry missed that part, no, Im not explicitly set that.

> On 09 Aug 2016, at 15:29, Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> are you setting a StreamTimeCharacteristic, i.e. env.setStreamTimeCharacteristic?
>
> Cheers,
> Aljoscha
>
> On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 at 14:52 Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com <mailto:andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Aljoscha
>

> Plan attached, there are split streams and union operations around, but here is how windows
are created

> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally
privileged information that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail
address. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

> Let me know if I’m doing something out of ordinary here.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Andrew
>> On 09 Aug 2016, at 14:18, Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org <mailto:aljoscha@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>> could you maybe post how exactly you specify the window? Also, did you set a "stream
time characteristic", for example EventTime?

>> That could help us pinpoint the problem.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Aljoscha
>>

>> On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 at 12:42 Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com <mailto:andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com>>
wrote:

>> I rolled back to 1.0.3
>
>> If I understand this correctly, the peak when topology starts is because it is trying
to fill all the buffers, but I can not see that in 1.1.0.

>>> On 09 Aug 2016, at 12:10, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org <mailto:rmetzger@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> Which source are you using?
>>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com <mailto:andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com>>
wrote:
>>> Hi Robert
>>>

>>> Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I’m one of the early birds.
>>> Yes, it is much slower, I’m not sure why, I copied slaves, masters, log4j.properties
and flink-conf.yaml directly from 1.0.3
>>> I have parallelization 1 on my sources, I can increase that to achieve the same
speed, but I’m interested to know why is that.

<http://flink.apache.org/news/2016/08/08/release-1.1.0.html>, http://flink.apache.org/blog/release_1.1.0-changelog.html