flink-user mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about slot sharing
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 12:55:25 GMT
Hi Huafeng,

yes, the mapper and reducer are running in different threads on the
TaskManager. Slot sharing is an abstract concept of the scheduler.

Flink also supports thread-sharing, for example when you have a series of
mappers (or filters) running with the same parallelism. We call this
feature "operator chaining" [1]

Regards,
Robert

[1]