flink-user mailing list archives

From 刘彪 <mmyy1...@gmail.com>
Subject In AbstractRocksDBState, why write a byte 42 between key and namespace?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:05:32 GMT
In AbstractRocksDBState.writeKeyAndNamespace():

protected void writeKeyAndNamespace(DataOutputView out) throws IOException {
backend.keySerializer().serialize(backend.currentKey(), out);
out.writeByte(42);
namespaceSerializer.serialize(currentNamespace, out);
}

Why write a byte 42 between key and namespace? The keySerializer and
namespaceSerializer know their lengths. It seems we don't need this byte.

Could anybody tell me what it is for?  Is there any situation that we must
have this separator?