flink-user mailing list archives

From Leith Mudge <lei...@palamir.com>
Subject Using Kafka and Flink for batch processing of a batch data source
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 04:37:08 GMT
I am currently working on an architecture for a big data streaming and batch processing platform.
I am planning on using Apache Kafka for a distributed messaging system to handle data from
streaming data sources and then pass on to Apache Flink for stream processing. I would also
like to use Flink's batch processing capabilities to process batch data.

Does it make sense to pass the batched data through Kafka on a periodic basis as a source
for Flink batch processing (is this even possible?) or should I just write the batch data
to a data store and then process by reading into Flink?

| All rights in this email and any attached documents or files are expressly reserved. This
e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, contains confidential information which may be
subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify
Palamir Pty Ltd by e-mail. Palamir Pty Ltd does not warrant this transmission or attachments
are free from viruses or similar malicious code and does not accept liability for any consequences
to the recipient caused by opening or using this e-mail. For the legal protection of our business,
any email sent or received by us may be monitored or intercepted. | Please consider the environment
before printing this email. |