flink-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Kloudas <k.klou...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: ContinuousProcessingTimeTrigger on empty
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:10:30 GMT
Hi Xiang,

According to your code, you just put all your elements (no splitting by key) into a single
infinite window,
and you apply your window function every 5min (after the first element had arrived).

The combination of the two means that if you have elements arriving at steady pace
of 1 element/min, and your function just counts the already seen elements. then the
result will be 5, 10, 15 …

Under the hood, when the first element arrives the trigger registers the first time to fire
after 5 min.
Then, for every firing, the trigger registers another timer to fire after 5min, and so on.

Your problem is that the first timer is set on the first element.
If you control your source, why don’t you put a dummy element in the beginning?
This will instantiate the global window and set the first timer.

Kostas