flink-user mailing list archives

From Emanuele Cesena <emanu...@shopkick.com>
Subject Re: Uploaded jar disappears when web monitor restarts
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 17:00:10 GMT
Thanks for the clarifications (and for the note on eager exec, I’ll read more about it).

I’ll open a JIRA ticket then.

Best,

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 1:57 AM, Till Rohrmann <trohrmann@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Emanuele,
>
> you're right, the upload directory for the jars is deleted whenever the WebRuntimeMonitor
is stopped and a new directory is created when the WebRuntimeMonitor is started.

>  It would be doable to introduce a configuration parameter for the uploaded jar directory
so that you don't have to upload the jars every time again. But then the user would have to
responsible for cleaning it up. If you want, then you can open a JIRA issue for this feature.

> I would recommend using the CLI for starting Flink jobs. The reason is that the WebRuntimeMonitor
does not support jobs which contain eager execution trigger calls such as collect, count and
print, for example.

> Cheers,
> Till
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 5:06 AM, Emanuele Cesena <emanuele@shopkick.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When the web monitor restarts the uploaded jars disappear — in fact, every time it
restarts the upload directory is different.

> This seems intentional:
> https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-runtime-web/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/runtime/webmonitor/WebRuntimeMonitor.java#L162
>
> Could anyone confirm?
>
> Wouldn’t it be useful to have a config param to be able to set it permanently (and
thus avoiding jars to be deleted)? Or, what is the intended way to “add jars to my cluster”?