flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Arrays values in keyBy
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 09:19:56 GMT
Yes, this is correct. Right now we're basically using <key>.hashCode() for
keying. (Which can be problematic in some cases.)

Beam, for example, clearly specifies that the encoded form of a value
should be used for all comparisons/hashing. This is more well defined but
can lead to slow performance in some cases.