flink-user mailing list archives

From Till Rohrmann <trohrm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dedicated ExecutionContext inside Flink
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 09:10:12 GMT
Hi Soumya,

except for the LocalFlinkMiniCluster, which is used by the LocalEnvironment
to execute Flink programs in your IDE, we don't use the global
ExecutionContext. Thus, it should be fine to use the global
ExecutionContext for your futures without affecting Flink.

However, I would recommend to create a dedicated ExecutionContext to you.
That way, you've better control over the resource consumption of the
different parts of your code. You could, for example, create an
ExecutionContext for a subtask of an operator in the open method of the
RichFunction.

Cheers,
Till