flink-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Kloudas <k.klou...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Exception in thread main: No such exception errpr
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 13:07:12 GMT
Could you please post your pom file and which version of Flink you downloaded?
The latter you can find it in the beginning of the log files.

Kostas

.
> Just for your information, in IDE the program is running fine, it is only in the command
line when I try to submit it throws me the error.

> Warm Regards,
> Debaditya
>
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Kostas Kloudas <k.kloudas@data-artisans.com <mailto:k.kloudas@data-artisans.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Debaditya,
>
> When creating your application, did you follow the steps described in:
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/local_execution.html
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/local_execution.html>
> (of course adjusted to the release you are currently using) ?
>
> Kostas
>
>> On Jun 2, 2016, at 2:01 PM, Debaditya Roy <roydcat14@gmail.com <mailto:roydcat14@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hello Kostas,
>>
>> Thanks for you reply.
>>
>> I don't think that is the case because I am running the application on the jvm of
my local machine, not on a distributed cluster. Any other input?

>> Warm Regards,
>> Debaditya
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Kostas Kloudas <k.kloudas@data-artisans.com <mailto:k.kloudas@data-artisans.com>>
wrote:
>> Hello Debaditya,
>>
>> From the exception message you posted it seems that it is a linkage error.
>>
>> Could it be that you are combining different versions of Flink when running your
application?
>> E.g. you have version X running on your cluster and you create your jar against version
Y on your local machine?
>> In this case, Flink version Y may have a method that is no longer there in version
X, and this causes the
>> exception.
>>
>> Kostas
>>
>>> On Jun 2, 2016, at 12:02 PM, Debaditya Roy <roydcat14@gmail.com <mailto:roydcat14@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to run a simple flink program, which reads an image from disk and
does some image processing and stores it back to the disk. For the purpose I have a custom
defined class, which I am using in dataset and passing it onwards to flatmap function. However
the experiment encountered an error which I am clueless about. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Pasting the error below.