flink-user mailing list archives

From "Bajaj, Abhinav" <abhinav.ba...@here.com>
Subject Re: Documentation for translation of Job graph to Execution graph
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 23:41:39 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this link. I have not see it before. May be this is newly added in 1.0
docs. I will go through it.

In general, there are two things I am trying to understand and get comfortable with -

  1.  How a Job graph is translated to Execution graph. The logs and monitoring APIs are for
the Execution graph. So, I need to map them to the Job graph. I am trying to bridge this gap.
  2.  The job manager & task manager logs are tricky to decipher. Especially when there
are multiple jobs running. Is there a way to filter the logs for a single job ?

~ Abhi

From: Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org<mailto:aljoscha@apache.org>>
Date: Friday, June 17, 2016 at 2:31 AM
To: "user@flink.apache.org<mailto:user@flink.apache.org>" <user@flink.apache.org<mailto:user@flink.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Documentation for translation of Job graph to Execution graph

Hi,
I'm afraid there is no documentation besides the link that you posted and this one: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/concepts/concepts.html.

With what parts are you having trouble? Maybe I can help.

Cheers,
Aljoscha

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 at 19:31 Bajaj, Abhinav <abhinav.bajaj@here.com<mailto:abhinav.bajaj@here.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

When troubleshooting a flink job, it is tricky to map the Job graph (application code) to
the logs & monitoring REST APIs.

So, I am trying to find documentation on how a Job graph is translated to Execution graph.
I found this - https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/internals/job_scheduling.html

Any detailed documentation on the design and code components will be helpful.

Thanks,
Abhi