flink-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Kloudas <k.klou...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Exception in thread main: No such exception errpr
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 12:17:11 GMT
Hi Debaditya,

When creating your application, did you follow the steps described in:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/local_execution.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/local_execution.html>
(of course adjusted to the release you are currently using) ?

Kostas

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 2:01 PM, Debaditya Roy <roydcat14@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Kostas,
>
> Thanks for you reply.
>
> I don't think that is the case because I am running the application on the jvm of my
local machine, not on a distributed cluster. Any other input?

> Warm Regards,
> Debaditya
>

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Kostas Kloudas <k.kloudas@data-artisans.com <mailto:k.kloudas@data-artisans.com>>
wrote:
> Hello Debaditya,
>
> From the exception message you posted it seems that it is a linkage error.
>
> Could it be that you are combining different versions of Flink when running your application?

> E.g. you have version X running on your cluster and you create your jar against version
Y on your local machine?
> In this case, Flink version Y may have a method that is no longer there in version X,
and this causes the
> exception.
>
> Kostas
>
>> On Jun 2, 2016, at 12:02 PM, Debaditya Roy <roydcat14@gmail.com <mailto:roydcat14@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to run a simple flink program, which reads an image from disk and does
some image processing and stores it back to the disk. For the purpose I have a custom defined
class, which I am using in dataset and passing it onwards to flatmap function. However the
experiment encountered an error which I am clueless about. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Pasting the error below.