flink-user mailing list archives

From Biplob Biswas <revolutioni...@gmail.com>
Subject Way to hold execution of one of the map operator in Co-FlatMaps
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2016 10:55:28 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering whether it is possible to stop streaming data in from one of
the map operators until some data arrives in the second map operator.

For ex,

if i have ds1.connect(ds2).map(new coflatmapper())

then, i need data to stop flowing from ds1 until some data arrives in ds2.

Is that possible? I know that's a problematic situation as ds1 may get
overwhelmed with data if not processed quickly, but any work around would
really helpful.

I was thinking of busy waiting, but I doubt that, the 2 maps work in
different threads.

Regards
Biplob