flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: S3 as streaming source
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 05:37:40 GMT
Hi Soumya,

No, currently there is no Flink standard supported S3 streaming source. As
far as I know, there isn't one out in the public yet either. The community
is open to submissions for new connectors, so if you happen to be working on
one for S3, you can file up a JIRA to let us know.

Also, are you looking for a S3 streaming source that fetches S3 event
notifications (ref:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/NotificationHowTo.html), or
streaming files / objects from S3 for a data stream program? I assume the
first one, since otherwise writing Flink batch jobs will suit you more (the
batch DataSet API already supports this).