flink-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Ganoff <jor...@ganoff.com>
Subject Executing detached data stream programs
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 14:14:24 GMT
Hi,

I plan to leveraging Flink data stream programs within a larger application. I’d like to
be able to execute a data stream program in detached mode directly from the StreamExecutionEnvironment
similar to how I can execute a program in blocking mode. I was expecting to find StreamExecutionEnvironment.executeDetached().
What’s the best practice for executing a detached data stream program and monitoring it’s
progress?

From what I can tell one approach could be to refactor the client configuration and interaction
logic from CliFrontend into a more embed-friendly API.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jordan Ganoff