flink-user mailing list archives

From Arun Balan <arunba...@gmail.com>
Subject flink-kafka-connector offset management
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 12:19:16 GMT
Hi, I am trying to use the flink-kafka-connector and I notice that every
time I restart my application it re-reads the last message on the kafka
topic. So if the latest offset on the topic is 10, then when the
application is restarted, kafka-connector will re-read message 10. Why is
this the behavior? I would assume that the last message has already been
read and offset committed. I require that messages that are already
processed from the topic not be reprocessed. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
Arun Balan