flink-user mailing list archives

From David Olsen <davidolsen4...@gmail.com>
Subject Parallel read text
Date Sat, 28 May 2016 07:59:06 GMT
After searching on the internet I still do not find the answer (with key
word like 'apache flink parallel read text') I am looking for. So asking
here before jumping to write code ...

My problem is I want to a read text file or split text files (from local
file system). Therefore I want to parallel read those files and process
them accordingly.

>From what I discover so far:
- Use ExecutionEnvironment.readTextFile but this only serves with 1
thread(?) (meaning reading the file(s) from the beginning to the end)
- Use streaming env to addSource[1] but that seems to me I need to
implement my own source with RichParallelSourceFunction.

Is there any classes or impl that already can read text in parallel?

Thanks

[1].