flink-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wildman <cwild...@newrelic.com>
Subject Flink Upgrades and Job Upgrades
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 21:35:39 GMT
Hi,

I have two questions around Flink deployment. I have done some research but
I wanted to confirm my conclusions.

1) Is it possible to do a live upgrade of a Flink cluster from one version
to the next without having to take down the entire cluster? (Imagining a
rolling deploy where we only take down one JobManager or TaskManager at a
time while the rest of the system continues)

2) Is it possible to upgrade a streaming dataflow without having to stop
it? I see mention of "Versioning for DataStream programs" on the roadmap
here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ExmtVpeVVT3TIhO1JoBpC5JKXm-778DAD7eqw5GANwE/edit#heading=h.qn8zyouct55x
.

Assuming these are not available today are they on the roadmap for the
future? Any projected release that might have this functionality?

Thanks,
Chris