flink-user mailing list archives

From iƱaki williams <juanramall...@gmail.com>
Subject Result comparison from 2 DataStream Sources
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 16:55:10 GMT
Hi!

I am working on something quite similar to the stockPrice example that is
posted on the webpage (
https://flink.apache.org/news/2015/02/09/streaming-example.html)

I am extracting some data from 2 different webpages and I represent the
result using a java object. The diagram could be something like this:

DataStream1--------JavaObject(name, price) --\
                                                                   \
                                                                     [ how
to compare result?]
                                                                   /
DataStream2--------JavaObject(name, price) --/

What I want to do is to get the attribute price from both data objects and
compare it between each other / make some math operations. For example, if
the first JavaObject.price is bigger than the second JavaObject.price, then
show a message.

Which is the (best) way of doing this? I am new using Flink and I am quite
lost :)

Thanks!