flink-user mailing list archives

From Alexis Gendronneau <a.gendronn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dataset flatmap with multiple output types
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 21:10:24 GMT
Hi Jon,

I'm pretty sure your input will be processed only once. I may be wrong (
correction needed if so ), but your pipeline should be compiled as :
source --> flatmap(words) -> result /sink
          |---> flatmap(chars) -> result /sink

As your input become streamed, each "line" goes through pipeline and is
processed by each flatmap. These flatmap will produce both a result and
send it to their sink. So your input is processed twice but at the same
time.

hope that help

--
Alexis Gendronneau