flink-user mailing list archives

From pa...@sport.dk
Subject Where to put live model and business logic in Hadoop/Flink BigData system
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 10:52:38 GMT
Hi there.

We are putting together some BigData components for handling a large amount of incoming data
from different log files and perform some analysis on the data.

All data being fed into the system will go into HDFS. We plan on using Logstash, Kafka and
Flink for bringing data from the log files and into HDFS. All our data located in HDFS we
will designate as our historic data and we will use MapReduce (probably Flink, but could also
be Hadoop) to create some aggregate views of the historic data. These views we will locate
probably in HBase or MongoDB.

These views of the historic data (also called batch views in the Lambda Architecture if any
of you are familiar with that) we will use from the live model in the system. The live model
is also being fed with the same data (through Kafka) and when the live model detects a certain
value in the incoming data, it will perform some analysis using the views in HBase/MongoDB
of the historic data.

Now, could anyone share some knowledge regarding where it would be possible to implement such
a live model given the components we plan on using? Apart from the business logic that will
perform the analysis, our live model will at all times also contain a java object structure
of maybe 5-10 java collections (maps, lists) containing approx 5 mio objects.

So, where is it possible to implement our live model? Can we do this in Flink? Can we do this
with another component within the Hadoop Big Data ecosystem?

Thanks.

/Palle