flink-user mailing list archives

From "wangzhijiang999" <wangzhijiang...@aliyun.com>
Subject Blocking or pipelined mode for batch job
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 08:56:23 GMT
Hi ,
       As I reviewed the flink source code, if the ExecutionMode is set "Pipelined", the
DataExechangeMode will be set "Batch" if breaking pipelined property is true for two input
or iteration situation in order to avoid deadlock. When the DataExechangeMode is set "Batch",
the ResultPartitionType will be set "Pipelined" if dynamic path for iteration . So the final
mode for dynamic node in iteration is "Pipelined"? My understanding is right ? If it is ,
why must use pipelined mode for dynamic node in iteration?
    Another question is that when running a batch job, if one task failed, do i must restart
the whole topology or are there any machnism to just restart failed task?  Thank you for
any advise !