flink-user mailing list archives

From Shannon Carey <sca...@expedia.com>
Subject Re: Running Flink jobs directly from Eclipse
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:16:14 GMT
Thanks for the info! It is a bit difficult to tell based on the documentation whether or not
you need to put your jar onto the Flink master node and run the flink command from there in
order to get a job running. The documentation on https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/setup/yarn_setup.html
isn't very explicit about where you can run the flink command from, and doesn't mention that
you can run the job programmatically instead of using the CLI.

From: Christophe Salperwyck <christophe.salperwyck@gmail.com<mailto:christophe.salperwyck@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 1:24 PM
To: <user@flink.apache.org<mailto:user@flink.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Running Flink jobs directly from Eclipse

From my side I was starting the YARN session from the cluster:
flink-0.10.1/bin/yarn-session.sh -n 64 -s 4 -jm 4096 -tm 4096

Then getting the IP/port from the WebUI and then from Eclipse:
ExecutionEnvironment env = ExecutionEnvironment.createRemoteEnvironment("xx.xx.xx.xx", 40631,
"target/FlinkTest-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar");

The JAR need to be compiled before.

Hope it helps!
Christophe

Cheerz,

I have been working last few month on the comparison of different data processing engines
and recently came across Apache Flink. After reading different academic papers on comparison
of Flink with other data processing I would definitely give it a shot. The only issue I am
currently having is that I am unable to submit Flink jobs directly from Eclipse (to YARN cluster).
I am wondering if you got any guildelines how I could do the submission not from the client
but from Eclipse directly? (I was unable to find anything related, with the exception of setting
up Eclipse for working on Flink core)

Best regards,
Serhiy.