flink-user mailing list archives

From Vikram Saxena <vikram....@gmail.com>
Subject Flink Queue Scheduling (JobManager)
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:00:04 GMT
Hi

I am reading and learning about Flink and I have tried to implement some
Flink Jobs.

In my application I have 2 Flink Jobs which I want to run in parallel.
Of course, as I understand I can have the task slots divided so that each
one can run concurrently.

But, is there a possibility for scheduling jobs only to be processed when
the JobManager has resources free(task slots) and not throw back
(NoResourceAvailableException) ??

The reason I ask this is because I have 2 Flink Jobs, one which would be
always running in short intervals and other which would be in ad hoc basis.

I do not want to have my task slots divided just for this ad hoc job,
So I wanted to submit this adhoc job and the Job Manager can schedule it
whenever it has free task slots ?

Cheers,
Vikram