flink-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: Command line arguments getting munged with CLI?
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 16:49:36 GMT
Hi Timur,

Thanks, using ‘--<parameter name>’ seems to work.

I’ve filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-3838 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-3838>
to allow ‘-<parameter name>’ as well.

— Ken

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 12:20am, Timur Fayruzov <timur.fairuzov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> I have built parameter parser in my jar to work with '--' instead of '-' and it works
fine (on 1.0.0 and on current master). After a cursory look at parameter parser Flink uses
(http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-cli/ <http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-cli/>)
it seems that double vs single dash could make a difference, so you could try it.

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Ken Krugler <kkrugler_lists@transpac.com <mailto:kkrugler_lists@transpac.com>>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m running this command, on the master in an EMR cluster:
>
> ./bin/flink run -m yarn-cluster -yn 25 -yjm 1024 -ytm 4096 -c <class name> <path
to job jar> -planner flink -inputdir xxx

> Everything seems to be starting up fine, up to:
>
> All TaskManagers are connected
> Using the parallelism provided by the remote cluster (25). To use another parallelism,
set it at the ./bin/flink client.

> My main class then tries to parse the passed arguments, and fails.
>
> The arguments being passed to my main() class aren’t what I expect. I get...
>
> 	-p
> 	lanner
> 	flink
> 	inputdir
> 	s3n://su-wikidump/wikidump-20151112/data/ <>
>
> It looks like Flink is trying to process all of my arguments, so -planner looks like
“-p”, and -inputdir gets the ‘-‘ consumed before it realizes that there is no ‘-i<anything>’
parameter that it knows about.

> I was assuming that everything after the jar parameter would be sent through as is.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> — Ken
>
> PS - this is with flink 1.0.2