flink-user mailing list archives

From Kanak Biscuitwala <kana...@hotmail.com>
Subject Multiple operations on a WindowedStream
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 00:33:11 GMT
Hi,

I would like to write something that does something like a word count, and then emits only
the 10 highest counts for that window. Logically, I would want to do something like:

stream.timeWindow(Time.of(1, TimeUnit.MINUTES), Time.of(5, TimeUnit.SECONDS)).sum(2).apply(getTopK(10))

However, the window context is lost after I do the sum aggregation. Is there a straightforward
way to express this logic in Flink 1.0? One way I can think of is to have a complex function
in apply() that has state, but I would like to know if there is something a little cleaner
than that.

Thanks,
Kanak