flink-user mailing list archives

From Lydia Ickler <ickle...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: wait until BulkIteration finishes
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 06:22:52 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your reply!
Could you please give me an example for the close() step? I can’t find an example online
only for open().
There I can „save“ my new result?

Best regards,
Lydia

> Am 31.03.2016 um 18:16 schrieb Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>:
>
> Hi Lydia!
>
> The same function instances (for example MapFunction objects) are used across all supersteps.
If, for example, you store something in a HashMap inside some MapFunction, you can access
that in the next iteration superstep.

> You can figure out when a superstep finished and when the next superstep starts, by overriding
"open()" and "close()" from the RichFunction interface.

> Stephan
>

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Till Rohrmann <trohrmann@apache.org <mailto:trohrmann@apache.org>>
wrote:
> I think I don't completely understand your question.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Lydia Ickler <icklerly@googlemail.com <mailto:icklerly@googlemail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Till,
>
> thanks for your reply!
> Is there a way to store intermediate results of the bulk iteration to use then in the
next iteration except the data set one sends already by default?

> Best regards,
> Lydia
>

>> Am 31.03.2016 um 12:01 schrieb Till Rohrmann <trohrmann@apache.org <mailto:trohrmann@apache.org>>:
>>
>> Hi Lydia,
>>
>> all downstream operators which depend on the bulk iteration will wait implicitly
until data from the iteration operator is available.

>> Cheers,
>> Till
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Lydia Ickler <icklerly@googlemail.com <mailto:icklerly@googlemail.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is there a way to tell the program that it should wait until the BulkIteration finishes
before the rest of the program is executed?