flink-user mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yammer metrics
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 11:05:01 GMT
I'm very much aware of how Yammer works.

As the slides you linked show (near the end) is that there are several
small issues with the general-purpose reporters offered by yammer.

Instead of hacking around those issues i would very much prefer creating
our own reporters that are, again, /based/ on the yammer reporters as
the concept is sound, but can properly interact with the rest of the system.

Long-term this will create cleaner code, easier debugging and allow us
to adjust things as required at any time.