flink-user mailing list archives

From Piyush Shrivastava <piyush...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Understanding Sliding Windows
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 10:16:21 GMT
Hi all,I wanted to know how exactly sliding windows produce results in Flink.Suppose I create
a sliding window of 5 minutes which is refreshed in every 10 seconds:
.timeWindow(Time.minutes(5), Time.seconds(10))
So in every 10 seconds we are looking at data from the past 5 minutes. But what happens before
the initial 5 minutes have passed?Suppose we start the computation at 10:00. At 10:05 we will
get the result for 10:00-10:05. But what are the results which we get in between this? i.e.
at 10:00:10, 10:00:20 and so on.Basically why do Flink start producing results before the
initial threshold has passed? What do these results signify? Thanks and Regards,Piyush Shrivastava
http://webograffiti.com