flink-user mailing list archives

From Biplob Biswas <revolutioni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Broadcast of datasets in streaming context
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 11:23:27 GMT
I am pretty new to flink systems, thus can anyone atleast give me an example
of how datastream.broadcast() method works? From the documentation i get the
following:

broadcast()
Sets the partitioning of the DataStream so that the output elements are
broadcasted to every parallel instance of the next operation.

If the output elements are broadcasted, then how are they retrieved? Or
maybe I am looking at this method in a completely wrong way?

Thanks
Biplob Biswas