flink-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Command line arguments getting munged with CLI?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:45:55 GMT
Hi all,

I’m running this command, on the master in an EMR cluster:

./bin/flink run -m yarn-cluster -yn 25 -yjm 1024 -ytm 4096 -c <class name> <path
to job jar> -planner flink -inputdir xxx

Everything seems to be starting up fine, up to:

All TaskManagers are connected
Using the parallelism provided by the remote cluster (25). To use another parallelism, set
it at the ./bin/flink client.

My main class then tries to parse the passed arguments, and fails.

The arguments being passed to my main() class aren’t what I expect. I get...

	-p
	lanner
	flink
	inputdir
	s3n://su-wikidump/wikidump-20151112/data/ <s3n://su-wikidump/wikidump-20151112/data/>

It looks like Flink is trying to process all of my arguments, so -planner looks like “-p”,
and -inputdir gets the ‘-‘ consumed before it realizes that there is no ‘-i<anything>’
parameter that it knows about.

I was assuming that everything after the jar parameter would be sent through as is.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

— Ken

PS - this is with flink 1.0.2