flink-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject RE: Javadoc version
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:27:59 GMT
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the explanation.

Though "1.0-SNAPSHOT" is the default version for many projects throughout their lifespan :)

So I think it's a bit confusing. That's the main issue for me, not whether the docs are slightly
out of sync with the actual 1.0 release code.

In any case, it's a minor issue. I thought originally someone just forgot to update the version
during the doc release process.

Regards,

-- Ken

contains the snapshot version of the respective version.
> This allows us to fix documentation issues without releasing a new version. But you are
right, it may happen that the docs / javadocs are slightly out of sync, but usually we only
merge fixes to the "release-x.y." branches, so there should never be inconsistencies, just
fixes.

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Ken Krugler <kkrugler_lists@transpac.com> wrote:
> Perusing the docs, and noticed this...
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/api/java/ says "flink 1.0-SNAPSHOT
API"

> I assume this shouldn't be called the snapshot version.
>
> -- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://www.scaleunlimited.com