flink-user mailing list archives

From Wang Yangjun <yangjun.w...@aalto.fi>
Subject Re: ype of TypeVariable could not be determined
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 18:14:58 GMT
Hi Radu,

I met this issue also. The reason is outTypeInfo couldn't be created base on generic type
when a transform applied.

public <R> SingleOutputStreamOperator<R, ?> transform(String operatorName, TypeInformation<R>
outTypeInfo, OneInputStreamOperator<T, R> operator)

The solution would be passed Calss<T> to your UDF and create TypeInfomation<R>
by yourself.

Best,
Jun

From: Radu Tudoran <radu.tudoran@huawei.com<mailto:radu.tudoran@huawei.com>>
Date: Tuesday 8 March 2016 at 19:57
To: "user@flink.apache.org<mailto:user@flink.apache.org>" <user@flink.apache.org<mailto:user@flink.apache.org>>
Subject: ype of TypeVariable could not be determined

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom stream source. I first build this with generic and I run into
problems regarding type extraction. I tried to put concrete types but run into the same issue
(see errors below). Can anyone provide a solution to solve this issue.

Caused by: org.apache.flink.api.common.functions.InvalidTypesException: Type of TypeVariable
'IN' in 'class test.MySourceFunction' could not be determined. This is most likely a type
erasure problem. The type extraction currently supports types with generic variables only
in cases where all variables in the return type can be deduced from the input type(s).
       at org.apache.flink.api.java.typeutils.TypeExtractor.createTypeInfoWithTypeHierarchy(TypeExtractor.java:498)
       at org.apache.flink.api.java.typeutils.TypeExtractor.privateCreateTypeInfo(TypeExtractor.java:380)
       at org.apache.flink.api.java.typeutils.TypeExtractor.createTypeInfo(TypeExtractor.java:346)
       at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.addSource(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1152)
       at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.addSource(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1107)
       at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.addSource(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1089)
       ... 1 more

Caused by: org.apache.flink.api.common.functions.InvalidTypesException: Type of TypeVariable
'TupleEvent2' in 'class test.MySourceFunctionTuple' could not be determined. This is most
[...]

Dr. Radu Tudoran
Research Engineer - Big Data Expert
IT R&D Division

[cid:image007.jpg@01CD52EB.AD060EE0]
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
European Research Center
Riesstrasse 25, 80992 München

E-mail: radu.tudoran@huawei.com<mailto:radu.tudoran@huawei.com>
Mobile: +49 15209084330
Telephone: +49 891588344173

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany, www.huawei.com<http://www.huawei.com/>
Registered Office: Düsseldorf, Register Court Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Managing Director: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Geschäftsführer: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended