flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bortoli <s.bort...@gmail.com>
Subject threads, parallelism and task managers
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:55:22 GMT
Hi guys,

I am trying to test a job that should run a number of tasks to read from a
RDBMS using an improved JDBC connector. The connection and the reading run
smoothly, but I cannot seem to be able to move above the limit of 8
concurrent threads running. 8 is of course the number of cores of my
machine.

I have tried working around configurations and settings, but the Executor
within the ExecutionContext keeps on having a parallelism of 8. Although,
of course, the parallelism of the execution environment is much higher (in
fact I have many more tasks to be allocated).

I feel it may be an issue of the LocalMiniCluster configuration that may
just override/neglect my wish for higher degree of parallelism. Is there a
way for me to work around this issue?

please let me know. Thanks a lot for you help! :-)

saluti,
Stefano