flink-user mailing list archives

From Sourigna Phetsarath <gna.phetsar...@teamaol.com>
Subject Setting taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers does not seem to have an affect - Flink 0.10.2
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 18:15:52 GMT
All:

Flink Version 0.10.2

The number that I set for *taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers* doesn't
seem to have any affect, even if I set it to a very high number. There
might be a race condition here where the upper bound is not enforced or
computer correctly.

java.io.IOException: Insufficient number of network buffers: required *320*,
but only *32* available. The total number of network buffers is currently
set to *36864*. You can increase this number by setting the configuration
key 'taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers'.
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.buffer.NetworkBufferPool.createBufferPool(NetworkBufferPool.java:196)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.NetworkEnvironment.registerTask(NetworkEnvironment.java:296)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:488)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.
--

*Gna Phetsarath*System Architect // AOL Platforms // Data Services //
Applied Research Chapter

* <http://www.aolplatforms.com>*