flink-user mailing list archives

From Maximilian Michels <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Storm topologies compatibility and exactly-once
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 09:27:35 GMT
Hi Olivier,

Regarding the general question, please have a look at the
documentation: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/apis/streaming/storm_compatibility.html
Yes, you may reuse your existing spouts/bolts, the Storm runtime is
exchanged for the Flink runtime.

Exactly-once: Within Flink this works as expected but the spouts/bolts
are not checkpointed at the moment. That means that state won't be
restored after a failure of the job. Thus, you end up with only
at-least-once. We plan to change this very soon.

Let us know how your experiments go.

Cheers,
Max