flink-user mailing list archives

From "LINZ, Arnaud" <AL...@bouyguestelecom.fr>
Subject TimeWindow not getting last elements any longer with flink 1.0 vs 0.10.1
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 12:14:28 GMT
Hello,

I’ve switched my Flink version from 0.10.1 to 1.0 and I have a regression in some  of my
unit tests.

To narrow the problem, here is what I’ve figured out:

-          I use a simple Streaming application with a source defined as “fromElements("Element
1", "Element 2", "Element 3")

-          I use a simple time window function with a 3 second window : timeWindowAll(Time.seconds(3))

-          I use an apply() function and counts the total number of elements I get with a
global counter

With the previous version, I got all three elements because, not because they are  triggered
under 3 seconds, but because the source ends
With the 1.0 version, I don’t get any elements, and that’s annoying because as the source
ends the application ends even if I sleep 5 seconds after the execute() method.

(If I replace fromElement with fromCollection with a 10000 element list and Time.second(3)
with Time.millisecond(1), I get a random number of elements)

Is this behavior wanted ? If yes, how do I get my last elements now ?

Best regards,
Arnaud

L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas assurée sur internet, la société expéditrice
ne peut être tenue responsable de son contenu ni de ses pièces jointes. Toute utilisation
ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message,
merci de le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. The company that sent
this message cannot therefore be held liable for its content nor attachments. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
then please delete it and notify the sender.