flink-user mailing list archives

From Ovidiu-Cristian MARCU <ovidiu-cristian.ma...@inria.fr>
Subject Not enough free slots to run the job
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:30:38 GMT
Hi,

For the situation where a program specify a maximum parallelism (so it is supposed to use
all available task slots) we can have the possibility that one of the task managers is not
registered for various reasons.
In this case the job will fail for not enough free slots to run the job.

For me this means the scheduler has a limitation to work by statically assign tasks to the
task slots the job is configured.

Instead I would like to be able to specify a minimum parallelism of a job but also the possibility
to dynamically use more task slots if additional task slots can be used.
Another use case will be that if during the execution of a job we lose one node so some task
slots, if the minimum parallelism is still ensured, the job should recover and continue its
execution instead of just failing.

Is it possible to make such changes?

Best,
Ovidiu