flink-user mailing list archives

From Radu Tudoran <radu.tudo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: realtion between operator and task
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 09:51:44 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Can you point me to the code where the operators are being assign to
tasks.
Thanks

From: ewenstephan@gmail.com [mailto:ewenstephan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stephan Ewen
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 8:29 PM
To: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: realtion between operator and task

Hi!

A "task" is something that is deployed as one unit to the TaskManager and runs in one thread.

A task can have multiple "operators" chained together, usually one per user function, for
example "Map -> Filter -> FlatMap -> AssignTimestamps -> ..."

Stephan

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Radu Tudoran <radu.tudoran@huawei.com<mailto:radu.tudoran@huawei.com>>