flink-user mailing list archives

From Ovidiu-Cristian MARCU <ovidiu-cristian.ma...@inria.fr>
Subject Re: off-heap size feature request
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 11:40:07 GMT
Thanks!
I will try this one: taskmanager.memory.size. So I should expect this will be the off-heap
memory size, right?
I am using taskmanager.heap.mb=some value, taskmanager.memory.off-heap: true
Memory usage goes up to 99%.

The documentation is confusing:

taskmanager.memory.size: The amount of memory (in megabytes) that the task manager reserves
on the JVM’s heap space for sorting, hash tables, and caching of intermediate results. If
unspecified (-1), the memory manager will take a fixed ratio of the heap memory available
to the JVM, as specified by taskmanager.memory.fraction.  [1]

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/setup/config.html#managed-memory
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/setup/config.html#managed-memory>

Best,
Ovidiu

> On 16 Mar 2016, at 12:13, Fabian Hueske <fhueske@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ovidiu,
>
> the parameters to configure the amount of managed memory (taskmanager.memory.size, taskmanager.memory.fraction)
are valid for on and off-heap memory.