flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rebalance of streaming job after taskManager restart
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 15:03:36 GMT
Hi,
I think what you can do is make a savepoint of your program, then cancel it and restart it
from the savepoint. This should make Flink redistribute it on all TaskManagers.

See https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/apis/streaming/savepoints.html
and
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/apis/cli.html#savepoints
for documentation about savepoints.

The steps to follow should be:

bin/flink savepoint <your job id>

this will print a savepoint path that you will need later.

bin/flink cancel <your job id>

bin/flink run -s <savepoint path> …

The last command is your usual run command but with the additional “-s” parameter to continue
from a savepoint.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Aljoscha
> On 08 Mar 2016, at 15:48, Maciek Próchniak <mpr@touk.pl> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> we have streaming job with paralelism 2 and two task managers. The job is occupying one
slot on each task manager. When I stop manager2 the job is restarted and it runs on manager1
- occupying two of it's slots.