flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to comprehend rolling windows + event time
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:30:56 GMT
Hi,
in the second case: do you know what watermark is emitted after ("grace", "arctic", 25) is
emitted? I imagine it is Long.MAX_VALUE, since otherwise all of the windows would not have
been triggered. If there are no intermittent watermarks but we directly jump to the last (Long.MAX_VALUE)
watermark then all in-flight windows will be emitted. The order in which they are emitted
is arbitrary and I guess the lone (“grace”, “arctic”, 25) seen first in the output
actually belongs to window (2 min to 7 min).

Using a WindowFunction you could try and also print the window to which emitted elements belong.

Cheers,
Aljoscha