flink-user mailing list archives

From Gwenhael Pasquiers <gwenhael.pasqui...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Internal buffers supervision and yarn vCPUs
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 11:02:28 GMT
Ok thanks !

All that’s left is to wait then.

B.R.

From: ewenstephan@gmail.com [mailto:ewenstephan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stephan Ewen
Sent: jeudi 4 février 2016 11:19
To: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: Internal buffers supervision and yarn vCPUs

Concerning the first question:

What you are looking for is backpressure monitoring. If a task cannot push its data to the
next task, it is backpressured.

This pull request adds a first version of backpressure monitoring: https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/1578

We will try and get it merged soon!

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org<mailto:rmetzger@apache.org>>
wrote:
Hi Gwen,

let me answer the second question: There is a JIRA to reintroduce the configuration parameter:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-2213. I will try to get a fix for this into the
1.0 release.

I think I removed back then because users were unable to define the number of vcores independently
of the number of slots ... and too many users were running into issues with the yarn scheduler
(containers were not started because there were no CPU resources available anymore).

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Gwenhael Pasquiers <gwenhael.pasquiers@ericsson.com<mailto:gwenhael.pasquiers@ericsson.com>>