flink-user mailing list archives

From Chiwan Park <chiwanp...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Join two Datasets --> InvalidProgramException
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 10:47:13 GMT
Oh, the fields in SourceA have public getters. Does the fields in SourceA have public setter?
SourceA needs public setter for private fields.

Regards,
Chiwan Park

> On Feb 9, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Chiwan Park <chiwanpark@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Dominique,
>
> It seems that `SourceA` is not dealt as POJO. Are all fields in SourceA public? There
are some requirements for POJO classes [1].

> [1]: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/apis/programming_guide.html#pojos
>
> Regards,
> Chiwan Park
>
>> On Feb 9, 2016, at 7:42 PM, Dominique Rondé <dominique.ronde@codecentric.de>
wrote:

>> Hi  folks,
>>
>> i try to join two datasets containing some PoJos. Each PoJo inherit a field "sessionId"
from the parent class. The field is private but has a public getter.

>> The join is like this:
>> DataSet<Tuple2<SourceA,SourceB>> joinedDataSet = sourceA.join(SourceB).where("sessionId").equalTo("sessionId");

>> But the result is the following execption:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.api.common.InvalidProgramException: This
type (GenericType<x.y.z.service.eventstore.dto.SourceA>) cannot be used as key.
>>    at org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.Keys$ExpressionKeys.<init>(Keys.java:287)
>>    at org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.JoinOperator$JoinOperatorSets.where(JoinOperator.java:890)
>>    at x.y.z.eventstore.processing.pmc.PmcProcessor.main(PmcProcessor.java:55)
>>
>> I spend some time with google around but I don't get an idea what is wrong. I hope
some of you can give me a hint...