flink-user mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing parallelism
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 08:24:19 GMT
Hey Zach!

Sounds like a great use case.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Zach Cox <zcox522@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, the savepoint docs state that the job parallelism cannot be changed
> over time [1]. Does this mean we need to use the same, fixed parallelism=n
> during reprocessing and going forward? Are there any tricks or workarounds
> we could use to still make changes to parallelism and take advantage of
> savepoints?

Yes, currently you have to keep the parallelism fixed. Dynamic scale
in and out of programs will have very high priority after the 1.0
release [1]. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any work arounds to
overcome this at the moment.

– Ufuk

[1] https://flink.apache.org/news/2015/12/18/a-year-in-review.html (at
the end of the post there is a road map for 2016)