flink-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dan Kee <d...@getbraintree.com>
Subject Re: Compile issues with Flink 1.0-SNAPSHOT and Scala 2.11
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 21:41:21 GMT
Hello,

I'm not sure if this related, but we recently started seeing this when
using `1.0-SNAPSHOT` in the `snapshots` repository:

[error] Modules were resolved with conflicting cross-version suffixes
in {file:/home/ubuntu/bt/}flinkproject:
[error]    org.apache.kafka:kafka _2.10, _2.11
java.lang.RuntimeException: Conflicting cross-version suffixes in:
org.apache.kafka:kafka
	at scala.sys.package$.error(package.scala:27)
	at sbt.ConflictWarning$.processCrossVersioned(ConflictWarning.scala:46)
	at sbt.ConflictWarning$.apply(ConflictWarning.scala:32)
	at sbt.Classpaths$$anonfun$66.apply(Defaults.scala:1164)
	at sbt.Classpaths$$anonfun$66.apply(Defaults.scala:1161)
	at scala.Function1$$anonfun$compose$1.apply(Function1.scala:47)
	at sbt.$tilde$greater$$anonfun$$u2219$1.apply(TypeFunctions.scala:40)
	at sbt.std.Transform$$anon$4.work(System.scala:63)
	at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
	at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
	at sbt.ErrorHandling$.wideConvert(ErrorHandling.scala:17)
	at sbt.Execute.work(Execute.scala:235)
	at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
	at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
	at sbt.ConcurrentRestrictions$$anon$4$$anonfun$1.apply(ConcurrentRestrictions.scala:159)
	at sbt.CompletionService$$anon$2.call(CompletionService.scala:28)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)



We switched our project to use `1.0.0` in the `orgapacheflink-1062`
repository and that works.  Just wanted to let you know about the error we
seeing with the snapshot version.

Thanks!

—Dan

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Cory Monty <cory.monty@getbraintree.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, Stephan.
>
> Everything is back to normal for us.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cory
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Cory!
>>
>> We found the problem. There is a development fork of Flink for Stream
>> SQL, whose CI infrastructure accidentally also deployed snapshots and
>> overwrote some of the proper master branch snapshots.
>>
>> That's why the snapshots got inconsistent. We fixed that, and newer
>> snapshots should be online.
>> Hope that this is resolved now.
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience,
>> Stephan
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:51 AM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> The CI system has just finished uploading an new snapshot. In that one,
>>> the scalatest dependency is now correctly at 2.11 again.
>>>
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flink/flink-test-utils_2.11/1.0-SNAPSHOT/flink-test-utils_2.11-1.0-20160211.232156-288.pom
>>>
>>> I am very puzzled, we did not touch any parts that seem to affect this.
>>> I am wondering if it is possible that Maven had a hiccup...
>>>
>>> Can you retry (force dependency update), see if the dependencies are
>>> correct again?
>>>
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Stephan
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:23 AM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi!
>>>>
>>>> I examined the Apache Snapshot Repository, and I could see that in the
>>>> latest snapshot a "scalatest_2.10" version was introduced. I could not
>>>> figure out how, yet. I could not find a "flink-core_2.10" or
>>>> "flink-annotations_2.10" dependency, yet.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Previous snapshot:
>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flink/flink-test-utils_2.11/1.0-SNAPSHOT/flink-test-utils_2.11-1.0-20160211.162913-286.pom
>>>>
>>>> Latest Snapshot:
>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flink/flink-test-utils_2.11/1.0-SNAPSHOT/flink-test-utils_2.11-1.0-20160211.201205-287.pom
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> We'll try and fix this ASAP. Sorry for that, this is quite a mystery
>>>> right now...
>>>>
>>>> Best,
>>>> Stephan
>>>>
>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Cory Monty <
>>>> cory.monty@getbraintree.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Ufuk,
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks for the link. I've double-checked everything in our
>>>>> dependencies list and it's all correct.
>>>>>
>>>>> Stephan,
>>>>>
>>>>> We don't explicitly depend on "flink-java", so there should be no
>>>>> suffix. It's curious, to me, that scalatest is showing in the stack trace.
>>>>> I also tried clearing ~/.sbt/staging and it did not help. Our build server
>>>>> (CircleCI) is also experiencing the same issue, so I don't think it's
local
>>>>> to my machine.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Cory!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hmmm, curios... I just double check the code, there are no more
>>>>>> references to a Scala-versioned "flink-core" and "flink-annotations"
>>>>>> project in the code base.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The projects you use with Scala version suffix look good, actually.
>>>>>> Just to be safe, can you check that the "flink-java" dependency is
without
>>>>>> suffix?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> One other thing I can imagine is a mixed up dependency cache. Can
you
>>>>>> try to refresh all snapshot dependencies (maybe clear "~/.sbt/staging/").
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It is high-time for a 1.0 release, so you need not work on the
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT versions any more. That should really solve this version
conflict
>>>>>> pain.
>>>>>> If we are fast tomorrow, there may be a nice surprise coming up in
>>>>>> the next days...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Greetings,
>>>>>> Stephan
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:24 PM, Cory Monty <
>>>>>> cory.monty@getbraintree.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hmm. We don't explicitly include "flink-annotations" and we do
not
>>>>>>> append the Scala suffix for "flink-core":
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> `"org.apache.flink" % "flink-core" % "1.0-SNAPSHOT"`
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Here are the packages we currently include with a Scala suffix:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> flink-scala
>>>>>>> flink-clients
>>>>>>> flink-streaming-scala
>>>>>>> flink-connector-kafka-0.8
>>>>>>> flink-test-utils
>>>>>>> flink-streaming-contrib
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> If there is any documentation you can point to regarding when
to
>>>>>>> include the Scala suffix on Flink packages, let me know.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi Cory!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> "flink-core" and "flink-annotations" should not have Scala
>>>>>>>> suffixes, because they do not depend on Scala.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> So far, we mark the Scala independent projects without suffixes.
Is
>>>>>>>> that very confusing, or does that interfere with build tools?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Greetings,
>>>>>>>> Stephan
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Cory Monty <
>>>>>>>> cory.monty@getbraintree.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> As of this afternoon, SBT is running into issues compiling
with
>>>>>>>>> the following error:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> [error] Modules were resolved with conflicting cross-version
>>>>>>>>> suffixes in
>>>>>>>>> [error]    org.scalatest:scalatest _2.10, _2.11
>>>>>>>>> [error]    org.apache.flink:flink-core _2.11, <none>
>>>>>>>>> [error]    org.apache.flink:flink-annotations _2.11,
<none>
>>>>>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Conflicting cross-version
suffixes in:
>>>>>>>>> org.scalatest:scalatest, org.apache.flink:flink-core,
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.flink:flink-annotations
>>>>>>>>> at scala.sys.package$.error(package.scala:27)
>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>> sbt.ConflictWarning$.processCrossVersioned(ConflictWarning.scala:46)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.ConflictWarning$.apply(ConflictWarning.scala:32)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Classpaths$$anonfun$66.apply(Defaults.scala:1164)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Classpaths$$anonfun$66.apply(Defaults.scala:1161)
>>>>>>>>> at scala.Function1$$anonfun$compose$1.apply(Function1.scala:47)
>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>> sbt.$tilde$greater$$anonfun$$u2219$1.apply(TypeFunctions.scala:40)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.std.Transform$$anon$4.work(System.scala:63)
>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>> sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>> sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.ErrorHandling$.wideConvert(ErrorHandling.scala:17)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Execute.work(Execute.scala:235)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>> sbt.ConcurrentRestrictions$$anon$4$$anonfun$1.apply(ConcurrentRestrictions.scala:159)
>>>>>>>>> at sbt.CompletionService$$anon$2.call(CompletionService.scala:28)
>>>>>>>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
>>>>>>>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>>>>>>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Cory
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message