flink-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Till Rohrmann <trohrm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compile issues with Flink 1.0-SNAPSHOT and Scala 2.11
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 17:34:53 GMT
What is currently the error you observe? It might help to clear
org.apache.flink in the ivy cache once in a while.

Cheers,
Till

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Cory Monty <cory.monty@getbraintree.com>
wrote:

> We're still seeing this issue in the latest SNAPSHOT version. Do you have
> any suggestions to resolve the error?
>
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Dan Kee <dkee@getbraintree.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm not sure if this related, but we recently started seeing this when
>> using `1.0-SNAPSHOT` in the `snapshots` repository:
>>
>> [error] Modules were resolved with conflicting cross-version suffixes in {file:/home/ubuntu/bt/}flinkproject:
>> [error]    org.apache.kafka:kafka _2.10, _2.11
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Conflicting cross-version suffixes in: org.apache.kafka:kafka
>> 	at scala.sys.package$.error(package.scala:27)
>> 	at sbt.ConflictWarning$.processCrossVersioned(ConflictWarning.scala:46)
>> 	at sbt.ConflictWarning$.apply(ConflictWarning.scala:32)
>> 	at sbt.Classpaths$$anonfun$66.apply(Defaults.scala:1164)
>> 	at sbt.Classpaths$$anonfun$66.apply(Defaults.scala:1161)
>> 	at scala.Function1$$anonfun$compose$1.apply(Function1.scala:47)
>> 	at sbt.$tilde$greater$$anonfun$$u2219$1.apply(TypeFunctions.scala:40)
>> 	at sbt.std.Transform$$anon$4.work(System.scala:63)
>> 	at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>> 	at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>> 	at sbt.ErrorHandling$.wideConvert(ErrorHandling.scala:17)
>> 	at sbt.Execute.work(Execute.scala:235)
>> 	at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>> 	at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>> 	at sbt.ConcurrentRestrictions$$anon$4$$anonfun$1.apply(ConcurrentRestrictions.scala:159)
>> 	at sbt.CompletionService$$anon$2.call(CompletionService.scala:28)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>
>>
>>
>> We switched our project to use `1.0.0` in the `orgapacheflink-1062`
>> repository and that works.  Just wanted to let you know about the error we
>> seeing with the snapshot version.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> —Dan
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Cory Monty <cory.monty@getbraintree.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Stephan.
>>>
>>> Everything is back to normal for us.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cory
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Cory!
>>>>
>>>> We found the problem. There is a development fork of Flink for Stream
>>>> SQL, whose CI infrastructure accidentally also deployed snapshots and
>>>> overwrote some of the proper master branch snapshots.
>>>>
>>>> That's why the snapshots got inconsistent. We fixed that, and newer
>>>> snapshots should be online.
>>>> Hope that this is resolved now.
>>>>
>>>> Sorry for the inconvenience,
>>>> Stephan
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:51 AM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi!
>>>>>
>>>>> The CI system has just finished uploading an new snapshot. In that
>>>>> one, the scalatest dependency is now correctly at 2.11 again.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flink/flink-test-utils_2.11/1.0-SNAPSHOT/flink-test-utils_2.11-1.0-20160211.232156-288.pom
>>>>>
>>>>> I am very puzzled, we did not touch any parts that seem to affect
>>>>> this. I am wondering if it is possible that Maven had a hiccup...
>>>>>
>>>>> Can you retry (force dependency update), see if the dependencies are
>>>>> correct again?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Greetings,
>>>>> Stephan
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:23 AM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I examined the Apache Snapshot Repository, and I could see that in
>>>>>> the latest snapshot a "scalatest_2.10" version was introduced. I
could not
>>>>>> figure out how, yet. I could not find a "flink-core_2.10" or
>>>>>> "flink-annotations_2.10" dependency, yet.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Previous snapshot:
>>>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flink/flink-test-utils_2.11/1.0-SNAPSHOT/flink-test-utils_2.11-1.0-20160211.162913-286.pom
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Latest Snapshot:
>>>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flink/flink-test-utils_2.11/1.0-SNAPSHOT/flink-test-utils_2.11-1.0-20160211.201205-287.pom
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We'll try and fix this ASAP. Sorry for that, this is quite a mystery
>>>>>> right now...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Best,
>>>>>> Stephan
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Cory Monty <
>>>>>> cory.monty@getbraintree.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Ufuk,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks for the link. I've double-checked everything in our
>>>>>>> dependencies list and it's all correct.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Stephan,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> We don't explicitly depend on "flink-java", so there should be
no
>>>>>>> suffix. It's curious, to me, that scalatest is showing in the
stack trace.
>>>>>>> I also tried clearing ~/.sbt/staging and it did not help. Our
build server
>>>>>>> (CircleCI) is also experiencing the same issue, so I don't think
it's local
>>>>>>> to my machine.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi Cory!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hmmm, curios... I just double check the code, there are no
more
>>>>>>>> references to a Scala-versioned "flink-core" and "flink-annotations"
>>>>>>>> project in the code base.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> The projects you use with Scala version suffix look good,
actually.
>>>>>>>> Just to be safe, can you check that the "flink-java" dependency
is without
>>>>>>>> suffix?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> One other thing I can imagine is a mixed up dependency cache.
Can
>>>>>>>> you try to refresh all snapshot dependencies (maybe clear
>>>>>>>> "~/.sbt/staging/").
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> It is high-time for a 1.0 release, so you need not work on
the
>>>>>>>> SNAPSHOT versions any more. That should really solve this
version conflict
>>>>>>>> pain.
>>>>>>>> If we are fast tomorrow, there may be a nice surprise coming
up in
>>>>>>>> the next days...
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Greetings,
>>>>>>>> Stephan
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:24 PM, Cory Monty <
>>>>>>>> cory.monty@getbraintree.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hmm. We don't explicitly include "flink-annotations"
and we do not
>>>>>>>>> append the Scala suffix for "flink-core":
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> `"org.apache.flink" % "flink-core" % "1.0-SNAPSHOT"`
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Here are the packages we currently include with a Scala
suffix:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> flink-scala
>>>>>>>>> flink-clients
>>>>>>>>> flink-streaming-scala
>>>>>>>>> flink-connector-kafka-0.8
>>>>>>>>> flink-test-utils
>>>>>>>>> flink-streaming-contrib
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> If there is any documentation you can point to regarding
when to
>>>>>>>>> include the Scala suffix on Flink packages, let me know.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hi Cory!
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> "flink-core" and "flink-annotations" should not have
Scala
>>>>>>>>>> suffixes, because they do not depend on Scala.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> So far, we mark the Scala independent projects without
suffixes.
>>>>>>>>>> Is that very confusing, or does that interfere with
build tools?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Greetings,
>>>>>>>>>> Stephan
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Cory Monty <
>>>>>>>>>> cory.monty@getbraintree.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> As of this afternoon, SBT is running into issues
compiling with
>>>>>>>>>>> the following error:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> [error] Modules were resolved with conflicting
cross-version
>>>>>>>>>>> suffixes in
>>>>>>>>>>> [error]    org.scalatest:scalatest _2.10, _2.11
>>>>>>>>>>> [error]    org.apache.flink:flink-core _2.11,
<none>
>>>>>>>>>>> [error]    org.apache.flink:flink-annotations
_2.11, <none>
>>>>>>>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Conflicting cross-version
suffixes
>>>>>>>>>>> in: org.scalatest:scalatest, org.apache.flink:flink-core,
>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.flink:flink-annotations
>>>>>>>>>>> at scala.sys.package$.error(package.scala:27)
>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>> sbt.ConflictWarning$.processCrossVersioned(ConflictWarning.scala:46)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.ConflictWarning$.apply(ConflictWarning.scala:32)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Classpaths$$anonfun$66.apply(Defaults.scala:1164)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Classpaths$$anonfun$66.apply(Defaults.scala:1161)
>>>>>>>>>>> at scala.Function1$$anonfun$compose$1.apply(Function1.scala:47)
>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>> sbt.$tilde$greater$$anonfun$$u2219$1.apply(TypeFunctions.scala:40)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.std.Transform$$anon$4.work(System.scala:63)
>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>> sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>> sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.ErrorHandling$.wideConvert(ErrorHandling.scala:17)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Execute.work(Execute.scala:235)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.Execute$$anonfun$submit$1.apply(Execute.scala:226)
>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>> sbt.ConcurrentRestrictions$$anon$4$$anonfun$1.apply(ConcurrentRestrictions.scala:159)
>>>>>>>>>>> at sbt.CompletionService$$anon$2.call(CompletionService.scala:28)
>>>>>>>>>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
>>>>>>>>>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>>>>>>>>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Cory
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message